All Temporary workers are entitled to Statutory Sick Pay if they have worked for Keystone Employment Group LLP under their contract.
The guideline is as follows:
- You must be incapable to work for four or more consecutive days.
- The average pay for previous 8 weeks must be greater than the Lower Earnings Threshold.
- The first 3 days of any period off sick are NON-PAYABLE unless you’ve been paid SSP within the last 8 weeks and are eligible for it again.
- Earn at least £116 (before tax) per week
- Up to 1 week – SELF CERTIFICATION (payment will be made on 2 days)
- Thereafter, payment will only be made on production of a Doctor’s Certificate
- SSP rate is now £92.05 per week = £18.41 per day.
You won’t qualify if you:
- have received the maximum amount of SSP (28 weeks)
- are getting Statutory Maternity Pay
- You can still qualify if you started your job recently and you haven’t received 8 weeks’ pay yet. Ask your employer to find out more.
- Linked periods of sickness
- If you have regular periods of sickness, they may count as ‘linked’. To be linked, the periods must:
- qualify for SSP by lasting 4 or more days each
- be 8 weeks or less apart
- You’re no longer eligible for SSP if you have a continuous series of linked periods that last more than 3 years.
If you’re not eligible or your SSP ends
You may be able to apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you’re not eligible for SSP or your SSP has ended or is coming to an end.
You do this using form SSP1, which your employer will give you:
- within 7 days of you going off sick, if you don’t qualify for SSP
- within 7 days of your SSP ending, if it ends unexpectedly while you are still sick on or before the beginning of the 23rd week, if your SSP is expected to end before your sickness does
To claim SSP:
Download the SC2 form here.
Email the completed SC2 to the payroll team
They will calculate how many sick days are payable and pay them accordingly.
HMRC employees’ enquiry line
Telephone: 0300 200 3500
Textphone: 0300 200 3519
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm